WHMCS Licensing Module
Do you want to Resell Softaculous licenses from WHMCS ?
This guide will help you to setup WHMCS licensing module to resell Softaculous Licenses. Setting this up is very easy.
Download and Upload
For WHMCS 7.5+
Download the Module here File:Softlicense php56-71.zip.
For WHMCS version less than 7.5
For PHP version 5.6.x and 7.0.x File:Softlicense.zip
For PHP version 7.1.x, 7.2.x File:Softlicense php71.zip
For PHP version 5.3.x, 5.4.x and 5.5.x File:Softlicense php53.zip
If you are using WHMCS 5.x or lower please use the following file File:Softlicense whmcs5.zip
Unzip it and upload the files softaculous.php and noc_api.inc to the following path
Adding Configurable Option
NOTE : If want to setup two separate products (i.e. VPS and Dedicated) and don't want to ask your users to choose the server type. You can skip this step.
- We need this option to ask the user if they want VPS or Dedicated server license.
- First go to WHMCS admin panel -> Setup -> Products/Services -> Configurable Options
- Now create a Group or edit the existing group (Make sure that you have selected your product while adding the group).
- Now click on the Add New Configurable Option button.
- You will get a form similar to the below image.
- Fill in the details :
- Option Name => Server Type
- Option 1 => Dedicated
- Option 2 => VPS
This module allows you to customize some variables in softaculous_mod_extra.php
$GLOBALS['softaculous_mod_conf']['billing_period'] = '';
By default the billing cycle is detected for the WHMCS order being created and the same is used for the Softaculous license period. If the detection fails the default value is 1M i.e. Monthly. However if you would like to overwrite the billing cycle you can define the above variable.
This variable allows you to choose the period to extend for Softaculous license when the WHMCS product service is CREATED and RENEWED. Default is 1M i.e. 1 month if you do not specify this variable. You can set the period to extend as per your desire
Possible values :
1M = 1 month
3M = 3 months
6M = 6 months
1Y = 1 year
2Y = 2 years
3Y = 3 years
Editing a Product/Service
This guide assumes you have already setup WHMCS and created your product. You can find detailed guides on the WHMCS Wiki. Once the Product is setup you can move ahead with setting up the Module.
This option can be found while editing the Product/Service in Module Settings Tab.
- Select the Module Name as Softaculous.
- Enter the Softaculous NOC account details i.e. Softaculous Username and Softaculous Password. These details are required as the licenses will be issued under this account.
Note : This account should be a NOC account because the API can be used only by NOCs.
- Server Type : This option allows you to choose if you want users to choose the server type (i.e. Dedicated or VPS) or you want to configure two separate products and choose server type as per the product.
- Use Configurable Options : Choose this option if you want your users to select the server type. Make sure you can configured the Configurable options in the previous step.
- Dedicated : Choose this option if you want the product to issue a Softaculous Dedicated Server license.
- VPS : Choose this option if you want the product to issue a Softaculous VPS license.
- Now choose the option when you want the module to be executed. Just remember that Softaculous license will be issued as per the method you select to execute the module.
Once you are done hit the Save Changes button and thats it you are done.
Testing the Setup
You can test the setup by making a DUMMY Order and going to the settings of that order.
Make sure the Server Type i.e. VPS/Dedicated and License IP are setup as desired.
Then click on the Create button to create the account on the server.
You will see a Box shown in the following image
When the page reloads the following message will be shown in case of success :
Incase of Failure errors will be shown :
Similarly you can test the Suspend, Unsuspend, Terminate, View License commands.
- In case of Suspend the Auto Renewals of the license will be cancelled (if any).
- In case of Terminate the license will be cancelled and if the license was issued less than 7 days ago the transaction will be refunded.
- In case of View License you will be redirected to Softaculous Client Center.
- Users can also Edit the IP from the Product details page.
- Enter the New IP and click on Change IP button.
- The IP will be changed in the Softaculous records.
If you need any assistance then please contact Softaculous Support. Please send us a screenshot of the Order Form and the Custom Fields you added to the Product.
If you find this addon useful please vote for us :